In 2014 Memorial Hall was established and in the same year Faculty of Medicine of Chulalongkorn University celebrated its 67 anniversary since its foundation on 4 June 1947. At that time, Faculty of Medicine was called “Faculty of Medicine under university of medicine” and later on changed its status to be under Chulalongkorn University on 10 October 1976. Faculty of Medicine was one of the first four faculties when Chulalongkorn University was established on 30 May 1923 and the others three were Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Political science and Faculty of Arts and Science. We can say that Faculty of Medicine is growing along with Chulalongkorn University from the beginning and without doubt, its long history can not be separated from Chulalongkorn University.
In 2013, Faculty of Medical had renovated faculty’s library all four floors and decided to establish Memorial hall on 4th floor in order to keep establishment history and the evolution of the faculty from past to present so that the current student, alumni and anyone who interested in can come and use this useful information. This project was initiated by Prof. Anun Srikiatkajorn when he was vice-dean of education and information innovation division and when the internal management organization of faculty committee body changed, the project was continued by Assoc. Prof. Ruengsak Lerdkhajornsuk.